Frequently Asked Questions...
- What types of payment do you accept?
- - The preferred payment methods are Paypal or money orders. If you are unfamiliar with paypal, don't worry it is very easy to set up an account. Paypal keeps all your information private, and you can use a credit card for payment.
- What if I need to return an item?
- - If you are dissatisfied with your purchase for any reason you may return it within 7 days for a full refund of the purchase price (excluding shipping). It must be received in the same condition as it was sent to you.
- When will you ship my order?
- - I try to be very prompt when processing orders, and send them out six days a week (Monday through Saturday) except holidays. Most orders will ship within one to two business days after payment is received.
- What is Intarsia Art?
- - Intarsia is the craft of using varied shapes, sizes and species of wood fitted together to create an almost 3-D inlaid, mosaic-like picture. It is thought that the word 'intarsia' is derived from the Latin word 'interserere' which means "to insert" and that it was originally developed in Siena, Italy in the 13th century by crafters using inlays of ivory inserted in wood as well as inlays of wood inserted into wall murals, table tops and other furniture. Today, intarsia is created by selecting different types of wood, using its natural grain patterns and colors (rather than dyes and stains) to create the different colors in the pattern. Each piece of wood is then individually cut , shaped, and sanded before fitting them together like a jig-saw puzzle and gluing them to a piece of 1/4 inch plywood backing cut to the shape of the final product. Sometimes, additional pieces of plywood are used to raise areas of the pattern to create more depth. Once together, a final layer of finish is applied and the project is complete. (Source: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. )
If your question has not been answered, please send an email to me at: email@example.com. Please be sure to fill in the subject line on your email so it does not end up in my spam folder. Thank you.